If you abort 5 month pregnancy you maybe experience some cramping and back pain but its normal to abortion. this type of pain you can use some painkillers to painless abortion.
The “abortion pill” is the generic name for two different drugs used to terminate a pregnancy: mifepristone and misoprostol.
First you take a pill called mifepristone. A hormone called progesterone is needed for the pregnancy to grow normally. Mifepristone blocks the body’s own progesterone, thereby halting the progression of the pregnancy.
You will then take another medicine, misoprostol, either immediately or up to 48 hours later. This medicine causes cramps and bleeding to empty your uterus. It’s like having a really heavy, crampy period, and the process is akin to an early miscarriage. If you do not have any bleeding within 24 hours of taking the second medicine, contact your nurse or doctor.
CLICK WHATSAAP ICON START CHATTING
DR SMRITI AGARWAL
EMAIL – email@example.com
Any problem contact me any time 24*7
A woman’s treatment after a miscarriage essentially depends on the type of miscarriage. Therapy depends on how far the miscarriage has progressed or whether it is still possible to get pregnant.
If there is a risk of miscarriage, the pregnant woman is advised to take bed rest. Vaginal examination should be avoided. The doctor usually monitors the condition of the unborn child to treat a miscarriage
If the doctor has definitely prescribed a miscarriage, then in many cases a cure is performed. In the case of an incomplete miscarriage, the parts of the pregnancy that remain in the uterus (such as the placenta) are removed. If this is not done, there is a risk of continued bleeding or serious infection, including blood poisoning (sepsis).
Abortion without treatment is possible from 24th week of pregnancy followed by complete abortion. This is only necessary if it is suspected that all parts of the pregnancy have indeed been terminated. Even if the bleeding does not stop after a miscarriage or the uterus does not contract afterwards, an intervention is still necessary. This is to avoid complications after a miscarriage.
Abortion instead of medicat cure
In the case of the so-called wind egg, that is, a pregnancy in which no child develops, and in the case of a delay in early abortion until the twelfth week of pregnancy, a scraping is necessary. At a later date, drugs are administered earlier. These aim to loosen and widen the cervix and stimulate the muscles of the uterus. Thus the dead embryo is thrown out.
Doctors also give the same medicine before surgical removal. This reduces the risk of injury to maternal organs from surgical instruments.
Read more about treatments
Read more about treatments that can help here:
Curriculum and Forecast
If a pregnant woman through abortion If I lose my baby, it is important that the doctor act very carefully and consistently. She should stop bleeding quickly, but at the same time ensure that the condition for subsequent pregnancies is maintained.
There is a risk of damage to the lining of the uterus due to careless scraping. This can affect the chances of getting pregnant again.
It is especially important to find out the cause of the miscarriage. This lowers the risk of similar complications if you become pregnant again. In principle, another pregnancy is possible after a miscarriage.
Pregnant after miscarriage
After experiencing a miscarriage, many women worry about a second pregnancy. Read everything you need to know about getting pregnant after a miscarriage here.
If germs enter the uterus after a miscarriage, infection occurs. Affected women develop fever between 38 and 39 Celsius. In some cases there is bleeding and pain. Infection mainly occurs after improper evacuation of the abortion.
In the case of this so-called infected abortion, transmission in the blood must be prevented at all costs, otherwise there is a risk of life-threatening blood poisoning and coagulation disorders. So the affected women are given antibiotics. The uterus is not examined until the patient is free from fever.
In addition to the medical aspects of abortion, it is also important to consider the mental state of those affected. After experiencing a miscarriage, affected women often fear that if they get pregnant again, they will still have a miscarriage.
For this reason, it is important that a doctor explains the possible causes and risks of miscarriage. After a spontaneous miscarriage, there is an 85 percent chance that another pregnancy will be normal.
Can abortion be prevented?
There is no general way to prevent miscarriage. However, some factors contribute to a healthy pregnancy, including:
Healthy lifestyle with balanced diet.
a healthy body weight
Avoid harmful substances such as alcohol, nicotine or drugs
Treat existing diseases such as diabetes mellitus, thyroid dysfunction or high blood pressure
Regular preventive check-ups at the gynecologist – this way, possible infections can be detected and treated at an early stage
It is better to avoid sports with high risk of injury during pregnancy.
The abortion drug used for abortion is Mifepristone (Mifegyne®). Also known as the “abortion pill” and with the abbreviation “RU 486”, mifepristone is a synthetic steroid with antiprogestinal activity.
Did you know that…
- Mifepristone is used not only for medicinal termination of pregnancy but also in the following conditions:
- dilation of the cervix in preparation for surgical abortion;
- To induce labor in the event of intrauterine fetal death.
- In any case, the anti-progestin action of mifepristone occurs through interaction with progesterone receptors: mifepristone binds to them, thus competing with progesterone and hindering its activity.
- Progesterone plays an important role in the early stages of serious dancing, because:
- This makes the endometrium suitable to welcome the embryo and allow its development;
- promotes relaxation of the myometrium during pregnancy;
- It increases the nutritional capacity of the blood vessels present in the uterus and is used to nourish the fetus.
- The above mechanism is lost by the use of mifepristone, thus it
- The growth of the embryonic sac is blocked and its detachment is determined “en block”.
- please pay attention
- The abortion pill based on mifepristone should not be confused with the morning-after pill, which, instead, represents an emergency contraceptive method.
- prostaglandin analogs
Prostaglandin analogs are usually given 36 to 48 hours after taking mifepristone. Most commonly misoprostol is used, but gemprost may also be used in the context of medicinal abortion. Misoprostol is given orally in pill form; Whereas gemprost is administered vaginally as an ova.
The function of prostaglandins is to induce uterine contractions favoring the expulsion of the embryo, sac and amniotic fluid and early placenta.
how to do this
How is a medicated abortion performed?
As mentioned, medicinal abortion must take place in hospitals, or in any case in authorized clinics and requires the administration of drugs whose use is reserved only within the above mentioned health facilities. Naturally, the administration of drugs necessary for the execution of a medicinal abortion should be carried out by specialized medical personnel.
In any case, the following are the main stages of the treatment in question:
Having ruled out the presence of any contraindications, we proceed with the administration of the abortion pill based on mifepristone. The medicine is in tablet form and hence has to be taken orally. The administered dose is 200-600 mg.
After a period ranging from 36 to 48 hours, it is possible to proceed with the administration of prostaglandins that allow the expulsion of the embryo sac to stimulate uterine contractions. The prostaglandins most commonly used in the context of medicinal abortion are:
Misoprostol (Misone®), is available in tablet form to be taken orally. The commonly used dosage is 400 micrograms.
Gemeprost (Cervidil®) is available as a vaginal suppository. The dosage used corresponds to 1 gram of the active ingredient.
After the administration of both the medicines, the health workers will have to provide all the necessary support to the woman.
The outcome of a medicated abortion is checked through an ultrasound which should be done 14 days after the treatment.
The studies conducted and the data collected so far have shown that medicinal abortion is effective in 95.5% of cases.
However, in the unusual event that the expulsion of the embryo sac does not occur completely, it is necessary to resort to scraping.
What are the side effects of drug abortion?
The side effects of drug abortion are closely related to the drugs administered to the patient.
However, the most common side effects of a drug abortion procedure are:
- abdominal pain of varying intensity (this is caused by contraction of the uterus and, for this reason, is considered normal);
- nausea and vomiting;
- vaginal bleeding that may continue for several days after treatment ends;
- Gastrointestinal cramps
- Other possible side effects of greater severity, which may actually be considered complications of treatment, include:
- pelvic inflammatory disease.
Clearly, the above are just some of the side effects that can occur after administration of abortion medication and prostaglandin analogs. In addition, it should be noted that the type and intensity of side effects may vary according to the week of pregnancy during which the drugs are taken, according to each woman’s individual sensitivity to the drugs administered and even according to that conditions. The emotional and psychological experiences in which the patient finds himself.
please pay attention
Given the fragility of the situation and the emotional and psychological effects it can have on the woman, family, partner and the same health care staff, she should be provided with all necessary help and support before, during and after treatment. ,
when Medicinal abortion should not be practiced
Medicinal abortion should not be used in the following situations:
- in case of known allergy to any active ingredients or excipients contained in the drugs used for this type of treatment;
- In case of ectopic pregnancy (drug treatment for this condition involves the use of another type of medicine);
- in patients with hereditary porphyria;
- in patients suffering from coagulation disorders;
- in case of ongoing anticoagulant therapy;
- in patients with adrenal insufficiency;
- in patients with diabetes;
- in women with severe asthma;
- In the case of using an intrauterine coil (IUD).
- the protection
- Is Medicinal Abortion a Safe Procedure?
The evidence and data collected so far has shown that – if performed in authorized facilities and by competent and specialized doctors in accordance with the law – medicinal abortion can be considered a safer treatment and, undoubtedly, less than surgical abortion. considered aggressive. Clearly, as with any other type of medical treatment, side effects and complications cannot be excluded, however, are quite rare.
Medicinal Abortion Shutterstock
Also known as medical or chemical abortion, this treatment is considered the first choice method for terminating a pregnancy within the first few weeks of conception.
To be performed, pharmacological abortion requires the administration of an abortive drug—responsible for detachment of the embryo sac—and a prostaglandin analog, which induces contractions of the uterus favoring the expulsion of the embryo, sac, and amniotic. essential for. fluid, as well as the formation of the early placenta.
Throughout the article, the main features of medicinal abortion and the cases in which it can be used, possible side effects and contraindications for the implementation of this particular treatment will be analyzed.
Did you know that…
Medicinal abortion is also often referred to as “paradoxical”.
what is that
What is Medicinal Abortion?
Medicinal abortion is the termination of a pregnancy performed through the administration of a specific abortion drug, followed by the administration of a drug capable of inducing contraction of the uterus to favor expulsion of the fetus.
In Italy, medicinal abortion is a medical treatment that must be performed in authorized hospitals or clinics. As a result, the drugs used to carry it out are for hospital use only and must be prescribed and administered only by specialized medical personnel in the area.
Voluntary termination of pregnancy – by resorting to medicinal and non-medicinal abortion – in our country is permitted and regulated by Law 194. However, doctors opposing this type of practice can appeal for conscientious objection, refusing to prescribe and administer essential drugs. For interruption of pregnancy.
Despite this, the Court of Cassation has ruled out the possibility of raising a conscientious objection at the stage of embryo expulsion, during which the doctor – even if a conscientious objector – is required to provide assistance to the patient as it is a case of abortion surgery. Medical assistance provided after
Simplification, if a woman has already taken the necessary medicines for a medicamentous abortion or has already had a surgical abortion, the medical staff present at the time that the fetus and the material contained in the uterus is removed and the fetus is present In the later stages of removing the pouch, it is imperative to provide health care, even if it is a conscientious objection.
When can medicinal abortion be practiced?
Medicinal abortion can be used in cases in which termination of an intrauterine pregnancy is desired or necessary, provided that the treatment is carried out within 7-9 weeks and, more precisely, no later than the forty-ninth ( after the last menstrual period). 7 weeks after the first day) or the sixty-third (9 weeks) day.
In some cases, medicated abortion can also be used to medically terminate a pregnancy (medical abortion) beyond the third month of pregnancy.
Clearly, given the fragility of this medical procedure, the physician should inform the patient of all possible risks and, before proceeding with treatment, ensure that there are any contraindications to the use of the drug. or no restrictions. Used. to use.
To get rid of unwanted pregnancies, women in Armenia jumped off cabinets, inserted tubes into the uterus and drank various “medicines”. Now they often buy only “Cytotec” – a drug for the treatment and prevention of ulcerative lesions of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, which can provoke a miscarriage, and try to do the same procedure yourself at home .
According to health experts, the 16 percent decrease in the number of medical abortions in Armenia since 2007 is due to women using Saitotec to perform abortions themselves, rather than going to medical institutions for the required surgical procedure.
According to a 2010 study among 5,922 women aged 16 to 40 by the RA Ministry of Health and the RA National Statistical Service, 29 percent of respondents’ pregnancies in the past five years were terminated by an abortion performed in a medical institution. Was.
For comparison: In 2005, 45 percent of respondents’ pregnancies were terminated this way.
Also, there was no increase in birth rate, sterility and use of contraceptives during the study period.
“So where is this ‘no abortions’? Either people no longer have sex, or these abortions are not registered,” says Garrick Herapetyan, a representative of the Armenian Office of the United Nations Population Fund. “The reason, probably, is pregnancy. contained in its medical termination.”
“Medical abortion,” as they are called, refers to the termination of pregnancy due to the drug Cytotec, produced by the American pharmaceutical company Pfizer, which, if taken incorrectly, can cause uterine contractions, bleeding, and miscarriage in pregnant women. It is possible. In the United States, Satotec is a prescription-only product; The drug is contraindicated for pregnant women.
As informed by the author of this article within the framework of a study conducted in several Yerevan pharmacies with the financial support of SCOOP for the MediaLab.am portal, an international network of journalists specializing in investigative journalism, Armenia There are no such restrictions in , and 0.2 mg Cyoteca tablets sold freely in pharmacies since 2007*. (According to official data, the import of this drug into the territory of the republic began at the end of 2009).
The indicated period roughly coincides with the period during which a 16 percent reduction in the number of officially registered abortions was recorded.
According to an obstetrician-gynecologist at a medical center in Vanadzor, the third largest city of the republic, most of the cases of “acute bleeding” she encountered were linked to attempts to terminate the pregnancy at home.
“In very rare cases, home abortion using medication and other means leads to a successful outcome,” says Dr. Smriti Agarwal. “We typically deal with women in a dangerous situation with bleeding from an incomplete abortion.”
This opinion is echoed by the doctors of the Yerevan clinic. “Satotok” is a very strong drug, but women do not know about it, they simply take it … That is why we have many fatal cases, ”said the head obstetrician-gynecologist of the perinatal department of Yerevan Arpin Soghoyan says “Kanakar-Zetun” Medical Center. … “Women are brought to hospitals with internal bleeding and we are fighting to save their lives.”
Often women listen to the advice of their neighbors about the use of Cytotec and do not go to the doctor to save money, says Razmik Abrahamian, chief obstetrician-gynecologist of the Ministry of Health: “Complications in such cases are possible, bleeding It can happen. Anything can happen.”
There is no official data on the number of deaths as a result of taking the drug “Cytotec” in the country. In 2007, the cause of death of a 37-year-old Yerevan woman named “Cytotec” was Armin Danielian, who took a drug to terminate the pregnancy.
However, there is little evidence that this risk has led to a decline in demand for Cytotec. According to the Ministry of Health, for the period from 2010 to 2011. The amount of imported drug in RA increased more than tenfold, amounting to 26 655 packages of 0.2 mg.
Fifteen Yerevan and ten regional pharmacies told MediaLab that the majority of buyers of the drug are women aged 16 to 40.
Women who have taken Cytotec to terminate their pregnancies often cite financial reasons as their reasons.
Surgical termination of pregnancy in a medical institution costs an average of 15 thousand to 20 thousand drams (35-50 dollars); Cytotec will cost 180-200 drums (40-50 cents) per 0.2 mg tablet. In a country where monthly incomes can be as low as $440, the difference is significant for many.
Other women taking the drug expressed a desire to avoid shame, which traditionally threatens women in Armenian society who give birth out of birth.
A 20-year-old young woman from a small town told eurasianet.org that a friend advised her to use Cytotec to terminate a post-marriage pregnancy at home. An immediate hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) operation had to be performed to stop the bleeding that started as a result and to save the woman’s life.
The whole city learned of the incident, says this young woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, who can no longer have children and whose future, in her own words, is now “destroyed”.
Looking for ways to stop this use of “Cytotec”, most experts turn to the authorities. They point to the need to conduct an official study of the situation with abortion at home and demand that the drug be used only by prescription, and pregnancy should be terminated only in medical institutions.
Early pregnancy symptoms
Early pregnancy symptoms that can occur in the early days of pregnancy are also called uncertain signs of pregnancy by doctors. These signs are similar to typical symptoms of the second half of the menstrual cycle and can therefore be easily confused. In addition, they do not occur in all pregnant women and vary in severity from woman to woman.
the most common side effects of a drug abortion procedure are:
- nausea and vomiting;
- vaginal bleeding that may continue for several days after treatment ends;
- Gastrointestinal cramps
- pelvic inflammatory disease.
SOME RELEVANT POST
- How to have a miscarriage at 5 weeks
- How early can u have miscarriage
- How to create miscarriage
- How to have miscarriage at first week
- How to help your wife with a miscarriage
- How is miscarriage pain like
- How to cause your own miscarriage
- How to miscarry at 4 weeks
- How to make myself miscarriage
- How to have a miscarriage at 4 weeks
- How do u get a miscarriage
- How will miscarriage start
- How is a missed miscarriage treated
- How to deal with pregnancy announcements after miscarriage
- How to deal with pregnancy anxiety after miscarriage
- How to miscarriage pregnancy at home
- How to cause miscarriage in early stage of pregnancy
- How can you make yourself miscarry
- How to do miscarriage in 5 weeks
- How to help my wife after miscarriage
- How to have a miscarriage third trimester
- How early can miscarriage start
- How to miscarry at 6 weeks
- How do miscarriage symptoms start
- How does bleeding start with a miscarriage
- How to do miscarriage 4 month pregnancy
- How to increase miscarriage
- How to get over a missed miscarriage
- How to cause a miscarriage on purpose
- How to cause miscarriage reddit
- How to cause miscarriage in early pregnancy
- How can you induce a miscarriage
- How do i make myself have a miscarriage
- How can i make myself miscarriage
- How to help your wife after a miscarriage
- Misoprostol at 2 weeks pregnancy
- How to do a natural miscarriage
- How to get a miscarriage at 4 weeks
- Name of abortion pills for 2 months
- 2 month pregnancy stop tablet name in India
- Can misoprostol alone abort 4 weeks pregnancy
- What can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy
- What are the first signs of miscarriage in early pregnancy
- What can you drink to get rid of pregnancy
- How to stop pregnancy after 3 months
- Safest method of termination of pregnancy before 12 weeks
- Abortion pill name and price in india
- Pregnancy remove Tablet Name price
- Can I take mifepristone and misoprostol at the same time
- How to use mifepristone and misoprostol at the same time
- After taking mifepristone when bleeding will start
- After taking unwanted 72 when bleeding will start
- Symptoms after taking mifepristone and misoprostol
- Symptoms after taking mifepristone
- What to expect after taking misoprostol
- What if no bleeding after taking I pill
- How to take misoprostol by mouth
- Misoprostol at 4 weeks pregnancy
- Cytotec dosage for 6 weeks pregnant
- Oral cytotec dosage for 6 weeks pregnant
- Cytotec dosage for 9 weeks pregnant
- Cytotec dosage for 12 weeks pregnancy
- How many tablets of misoprostol should be inserted
- How long does it take for misoprostol to dissolve vaginally
- How long should i lay down after inserting misoprostol
- Misoprostol long term side effects
- Can misoprostol be used alone without mifepristone
- What to expect after taking abortion pills
- When can I take my second dose of misoprostol
- Treatment of incomplete abortion with misoprostol
- Is it possible to feel pregnant after 2 days
- Safest method of termination of pregnancy before 12 weeks
- Is abortion painful at 2 months
- Is abortion painful at 3 months