Their are many ways by which you ca get an abortion. Some of them are by using abortion pills for up to 11 weeks of pregnancy and a surgical process which is done for getting abortion after 11 weeks. But it is recommended to contact a doctor and get medication needed for you only.
Getting a abortion by abortion pills:
This only could be done under two simple steps:
These two drugs are taken in combination: which is firstly Mifepristone is taken after 24 to 48 hours and than Misoprostol is taken to increase the efficiency of first which is mifepristone drug. Misoprostol causes cramping and bleeding which clear out the uterus, similar to an early miscarriage.
Time when to take an abortion pill:
- At 8 weeks pregnant or less, it works about 94-98% of the time.
- At 8-9 weeks pregnant, it works about 94-96% of the time.
- At 9-10 weeks pregnant, it works about 91-93% of the time.
- If you take an extra dose of misoprostol, it works about 99% of the time.
- At 10-11 weeks pregnant, it works about 87% of the time.
- If you take an extra dose of misoprostol, it works about 98% of the time.
For further information related pregnancy you can contact to Dr. Anita Singh (Gynecologist).
- WHATSAPP NO. +917007823762
- EMAIL ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
How to verify that abortion is successful or not:
For conforming that abortion worked is by doing a blood test or an ultrasound. If you had your abortion in the clinic itself they will confirm that for you. Abortion pills are very effective so you don’t need to get worried about. Getting a doctor’s help will for sure help you out with all the quires.
How to check if you are pregnant or not:
You could use pregnancy check kits from local pharmacy store to check if you are pregnant or not.
- Missed period. Missing a period is the first sign of pregnancy.
- Nausea and vomiting. It is a condition that affects more than half of all pregnant women.
- Breast change. Lactation
- Frequent urination.
- Food cravings.
Side effects of using abortion pills:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomationg
- Blood loss
- Blood clots in the uterus
That is why recommendation of a doctor is very much necessary so that all those side effects could be over come easily without any risk to the mother’s life.
2. Second method for getting an abortion is by surgery:
Surgical method are only done after 12 weeks or so as the fetus is grown quite a well so it could only be removed by getting a surgery.
Most abortions are performed using ‘suction (vacuum) aspiration’ or ‘suction curettage’. To have this procedure you must be in the first trimester of pregnancy (first 3 months or 12 weeks).
Your cervix is gradually dilated with rods of increasing size and then a thin tube is inserted into your uterus. The pregnancy (fetus and placenta) is withdrawn with gentle suction. Another instrument called a curette is used to check whether the uterus is empty or not.
During an abortion, it is also safe to have a contraceptive device, such as an intrauterine device (IUD) or contraceptive implant (Implanon NXT) inserted if you wish.
This operation takes less than 15 minutes.
As surgical method is much more costly. The cost of a surgical procedure of termination of pregnancy in India comes around 20,000 – 40,000 INR. The minimum cost of an abortion can be as low as 20,000 INR and can go at a maximum of 40,000 INR.
SOME RELEVANT POST